Frequently asked questions
1. How long do the workshops run for?
Our workshops usually run for 90 minutes - two hours depending on what the school requires. We will adjust the content to make it age-appropriate for each year group i.e. simpler activities for year 7.
Our motivational speakers talk for one hour.
2. Do the facilitators have Working with Children Checks?
Yes all our Life Lessons facilitators have undergone specific training to provide life skills for kids and their parents through comprehensive programs based on current trends and statistics.
They all have degrees in relevant disciplines such as Education, Psychology, Social Work and Community Welfare and they all work or have worked within these specialist areas.
Life Lessons facilitators meet all the required criteria for working with children and have been selected for their appropriate qualifications, knowledge, presentation skills, group experience and ability to engage and connect with young people and provide life skills for kids.
3. What do you do in the workshops?
We take a harm reduction approach in our workshops, which means that yes, many teenagers by their nature, will want push the boundaries. We believe that by educating them about risky situations and possible outcomes, they will be encouraged to make informed choices.
The students will be actively engaged through group work, scenarios, role plays, games and various other activities. Please contact Gitta Johnston on 0450 930 200 for more information.
4. Which schools have you to been to?
Life Lessons have educated students at the following schools, colleges and locations:
- Davidson High School
- St Paul’s Catholic College, Manly
- Oxford Falls Grammar School
- German International School, Terrey Hills
- Rose Bay Secondary College
- Kambala Anglican Girls School, Rose Bay
- Cheltenham Girls High
- Loreto Normanhurst
- Burwood Girls High
- Killara High
- Killarney Heights High School
- Reddam House, Woollahra and Bondi
- Pittwater High School, Mona Vale
- Queenwood School for Girls, Mosman
- Roseville College
- Chatswood High School
- Covenant Christian School, Belrose
- Penshurst Girls High School
- AL- Faisal College, Auburn and Cambelltown
- Georges River Grammar School, Georges Hall
- International Grammar School
- Santa Sabina College, Strathfield
- Georges River College, Pneshurst
- Cherrybrook Technology College
- Cromer High School
- Hunters Hill High School
- Westfield Sports High School, Fairfield West
- Punchbowl Boys High School
- Freeman Catholic College, Bonnyrigg Heights
- Cobham Juvenile Justice Centre, Saint Marys
- Manly West Public School
- Mosman Public School
- Sacred Heart Mosman Primary School
- Blessed Sacrament Primary School, Clifton Gardens
- Cobham Juvenile Justice Centre
- Taldumande Youth Service
- Mosman Council
5. Do you offer any discounts?
Yes, we are offering a great deal at the moment. Mention that you saw this website promo and we'll give you 10% discount on any workshop booking that you make for this year or for 2017. Click here for details of our current promotion.